Thursday 10 November 2011

And so it begins.....

Interesting this is in many ways......

I have just finished work...it's 1:30am and I am blogging! Never thought this would happen but glad it has and there is a young lady in Brazil who is to thank...or blame is this blog is neither entertaining or funny!

I aim to make it both of those hopefully! I like the metaphor that here I am writing from the place that I endeavour to get away from soon. 5 years I have been working the same part-time job at the pub, to quote Billy Joel's Piano Man "I'm sure I could be a movie star, if I could get out of this place!"

Unlike poor Joe at the bar I'm well placed. I've worked on some very good shows, played some very good roles, I've a good agent, I've a coupla good scripts to work on that I've written and co-written and I've a girlfriend whom I miss dearly and want to see much more permanently! All of these are factors that will lead me to more success in my acting career, hopefully!

This brings me to my shorthand, I've many amazing friends who I shall be referring to in shorthand....I dare say you would get to know them as Die Fraulein (my beautiful girlfriend), Gunner, PH, Deej, ToffeeTimmy, Blondie (my brother), Tomski, Twohill, Bunny, Peachy and no doubt there will be others.

I heard from a lady recently that the most compelling writing comes from writing what you know about. What do I know about? Well acting, movies and tv shows (obviously), sport (especially football and rugby league) and you know acting and sport are quite intrinsically linked....I will elaborate in future blogs of course! Then there is Transformers, steam trains, Jim Carrey, Jurassic Park, Batman, Germany and German, Ireland, Aussie History (oh there is one and it's a pearler), beer, James Bond, Lord Of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Audioslave, The Whitlams, Paul Jennings....and this is just from stuff in my room!

Judging by this you can look forward to a blog of pop culture dagginess, filled with various historical vignettes, inter-spliced with misquoted German phrases. If it were sung it would be by Chris Cornell with Tim Freedman playing the piano in the background while pissed, Optimus Prime would be the narrator and it would be an epic trilogy filled with political intrigue, gratuitous nudity and swearing...that I can almost guarantee ;)

Every day I get up hoping for that phone call from my lovely agent that will change my life.....I can only hope that I get to share it with you soon! Until that day comes I will sharing pieces of my life as I work towards that goal as an actor.....comfortable employment!

I look forward to casting my aspersions in this very public forum and can only hope you get a bit of a giggle and also some satisfaction that you have found someone that you are much cooler than......

You're a legend for having a read!

1 comment:

  1. hello Brett, Zachary rather, is that I know you only by the number of Exchange Portal, which incidentally I found very cool and I became interested in Australia, my email is douglasdicarvalho@hotmail.com. I am Brazilian I live in Sao Paulo, I think you may have heard, well, I would like to know more about Exchange Portal series will happen next, why not go out season 2 or something like that, ever heard of a movie but not found. You must have facebook too, mine is douglasdicarvalho@hotmail.com. I really enjoyed your blog and hope you leave your contact (email, facebook). Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete