Tuesday 15 November 2011

CROOK!!!!

I couldn't quite completely plagiarise one of my favourite Young One's eps, 'SICK', but basically that sums up my day today!

I'm buggered, rooted, run down whatever way you want to put it....but I ask this question. $100 used be a huge achievement, a large sum to possess, now it's not....I'll spend $100 putting petrol in my car and paying my phone bill. It's like that now with sick days....once a luxury to be embraced now they are a gigantic inconvenience.

You'd beg, borrow, steal, lie and cheat to score a sick day off while you're at school! I knew a kid who would go close to others just in the hope of getting ill and scoring some time off. You would try and time it so that you felt dodgy on a Thursday or a Friday so you could align a 4 or 3 day weekend....of course then you risked being told "You were too sick for school....now you're too sick to play sport!"
There was an art to it and many privileges....sympathetic foods for one, the bonus of watching Jerry Springer in the hope of seeing boobs and also carefully sneaking in some Playstation time! Generally speaking, an injury is best because you can lay down iced up or bandaged up and still score some video game time, an illness was a little tougher and moulded your entertainment.

A stomach sickness or a flu meant "LAY DOWN AND DON'T MOVE!!!" the slightest car crash on Carmegeddon or car jacking on GTA might induce car sickness so faking that meant you had backed yourself into a corner....a victim of your parents care!
Still, I lay here now feeling like shit and I'm immensely frustrated. I have to keep busy! I can't lay still for a moment, I'm a shocking siesta taker, Tomski, PH and Twohill will attest to that as I was always the last one asleep and first one awake while we were backpacking. I don't want sympathy! I don't want special foods I just want to get better! I'VE LOST THE LOVE OF SCORING A SICKY!! An excuse to chillax and recover, I no longer want that excuse! Once while at school the world outside the classroom between 9 and 3:15 was exotic and interesting, now it is familiar and engrained. I don't want to watch Jerry Springer or Riki Lake. I don't want to catch up on my Playstation time...I only want to feel better!

Admittedly the way I got crook was totally worth it, had a few late night catch ups with mates over the weekend. That combined with a few hamburgers, again totally worth it, essentially my immune system has given me a biological arse kicking. Surely there is a way to inject vitamin C into a Quarter Pounder?

Anyway, The Gruen Transfer is on!

See? Told you all you were cooler than me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment